March 16, 2008

Question many parents have been asking...and noone has answer!

Father of a girl child came with this analysis and I thought it would be useful to share with you all, he writes:

While my daughter has got admission in school of choice I guess I was lucky and I feel for the others who haven’t been so lucky. One particular thing that draws my attention is that while all the schools came out with the first list adhering to the points system, there hasn’t been any such second or third list of any significance.

Without naming the schools if we grade 4 schools as : A , B, C, D

And assume that all these schools are in the same vicinity ( say within a range of 8 -10 kms) it is obvious that a child getting admission in A,B and/or C will surely get admitted in A.

I have done a study of such schools out of sheer curiosity and found that the number of such overlapping seats would be around 15-20 whereas they have admitted only 7-8 from the second list.

Actually second lists were announced after the fee submission dates of A and B was over. Both A&B had fee submissions dates more or less overlapping each other.

So where does those seats go???

0 comments: